Monthly Archives: December 2012
Social Media Habits to kick for 2012 and My wish List for 2013 for Laughs
Well here it is my last post of 2012. I must say it has been a great year and I hope you all have had a great one as well!
New Years is all about having a fresh start right? Well think about all the blunders you may have had diving into social media or even in the digital marketing realm. I compiled a list for businesses and I couldn’t help but to add my personal list 😉
1. Stop ignoring your website! Vow to always keep your content updated, oh this was so last month….
2. Social Management tools are awesome, but don’t schedule and forget. Example, scheduling out all of your posts and then forgetting to engage when consumers or friends are responding to them:-(
3. Social Media tools continued… Schedule in appropriate formats. Many people and businesses will post using hashtags but will send out the feed to facebook as well…. again Hashtags serve no purpose in Facebook.
4. Don’t delegate the responsibility of your social media management just because they like Facebook. Social platforms have grown into very sophisticated marketing platforms. Leaving your strategy up to an amateur is wreckless, would you want someone with no experience in advertising placing your media buys?
5. Online reviews are part of your digital strategy. If you aren’t monitoring your online reputation that doesn’t mean people aren’t talking about your business. Many of the review sites are integrated with social platforms allowing it to be shared, the good and the bad! So take control and start monitoring and encouraging reviews from customers. 85% of consumers will turn to another business if they see more negative than positive reviews.
Personal top 5 wish list:
1. Auto posting from twitter to facebook. You retweeting and @ replying the homies is irrelevant in your Facebook feed. just sayin….
2. I really would like to stop seeing the morbid pictures soliciting for a like. You know what I’m talking about, the baby sitting in a pile of cigarettes with the caption, “Like, if you love babies” come on seriously??? But the funny part is it’s posted by a page called “who’s your daddy” <— pay attention to the like source.. LMBO
3. I would like to see a warning sign pop up before you post a status to facebook. Example “do you really feel this is appropriate to share to hundreds of people who do not care, or would you like to send this as a text message for the person this is intended for?”
4. I would like for a celebrity to actually tweet me back once in a while (come on Beebs…jk seriously)
5. Please stop complaining about privacy on the internet because that helps me bring value to businesses to target you with relevant ads 😉
Happy New Year!
Kick the Bad Habits of 2012!
Infographic of the Week- 2013 Integrated Digital Marketing
With 2012 quickly coming to an end have you really sat down to take a look at how you’re going to execute your digital marketing strategy? Really think about what areas you or your business has concentrated on this year and ask yourself, did I really cover all grounds of an effective strategy? This year has really been the big year for social media, but a lot of businesses put so much emphasis on it that many have forgotten the basics such as SEO, or having a mobile site. 2013 is the year that I believe many businesses are really going to hone in and put all the pieces together to create effective digital marketing strategies.
The infographic below which was featured in Social Media Today gives a great visual of exactly what an integrated digital marketing strategy is composed of.
Enjoy and Happy New Year!
Infographic of the week: What was the big change in SEO for 2012
Oh the good old days of being able to stuff your website full of delicious keywords only to get crawled and indexed in the search engines for all the world to see. The internet has definitely evolved as consumers have driven the demand for relevant content up. It’s only natural right? We use the internet 80% of the time to search for things so it only makes sense for search engines to tighten up there algorithms and serve us great content!
Explaining the changes in SEO techniques has been the hottest subject behind social media. This week’s infographic is a great visual that shows the old SEO techniques in comparison to what NEEDS to be done today. While looking at this, have you been caught up in the social media bandwagon and have forgotten about the basic steps in driving traffic to your website? If you haven’t done anything with SEO in the past couple of years or if you have someone doing it monthly start to question their techniques. Has it evolved with the new demands of the search engines or are they still sticking with the old ways?
Posted in All Things Digital, Social
Tags: infographic, Search Engines, SEO, Social Media, Tanesha White Digital Diva
Infographic of the Week: Tis the season of giving, through social media
It is the season for giving after all so this infographic seemed very fitting! I’m sure most of us have a charity that we like to give too especially during the holiday season, but 2012 has definitely exposed a lot more “great causes,” out there that we typically may not here of. Social Media has given so many organizations the ability to attract young people because donating online has become very trendy. Since so many young people are willing to give networks make it easy to contribute with a simple click.
Have you donated to an organization using Facebook, Twitter, or any other platform this year?
Enjoy this infographic!
Posted in All Things Digital, Social
Tags: Digital Marketing, infographic, Tanesha White Digital Diva