Social Media Habits to kick for 2012 and My wish List for 2013 for Laughs
Posted by Tanesha White
Well here it is my last post of 2012. I must say it has been a great year and I hope you all have had a great one as well!
New Years is all about having a fresh start right? Well think about all the blunders you may have had diving into social media or even in the digital marketing realm. I compiled a list for businesses and I couldn’t help but to add my personal list 😉
1. Stop ignoring your website! Vow to always keep your content updated, oh this was so last month….
2. Social Management tools are awesome, but don’t schedule and forget. Example, scheduling out all of your posts and then forgetting to engage when consumers or friends are responding to them:-(
3. Social Media tools continued… Schedule in appropriate formats. Many people and businesses will post using hashtags but will send out the feed to facebook as well…. again Hashtags serve no purpose in Facebook.
4. Don’t delegate the responsibility of your social media management just because they like Facebook. Social platforms have grown into very sophisticated marketing platforms. Leaving your strategy up to an amateur is wreckless, would you want someone with no experience in advertising placing your media buys?
5. Online reviews are part of your digital strategy. If you aren’t monitoring your online reputation that doesn’t mean people aren’t talking about your business. Many of the review sites are integrated with social platforms allowing it to be shared, the good and the bad! So take control and start monitoring and encouraging reviews from customers. 85% of consumers will turn to another business if they see more negative than positive reviews.
Personal top 5 wish list:
1. Auto posting from twitter to facebook. You retweeting and @ replying the homies is irrelevant in your Facebook feed. just sayin….
2. I really would like to stop seeing the morbid pictures soliciting for a like. You know what I’m talking about, the baby sitting in a pile of cigarettes with the caption, “Like, if you love babies” come on seriously??? But the funny part is it’s posted by a page called “who’s your daddy” <— pay attention to the like source.. LMBO
3. I would like to see a warning sign pop up before you post a status to facebook. Example “do you really feel this is appropriate to share to hundreds of people who do not care, or would you like to send this as a text message for the person this is intended for?”
4. I would like for a celebrity to actually tweet me back once in a while (come on Beebs…jk seriously)
5. Please stop complaining about privacy on the internet because that helps me bring value to businesses to target you with relevant ads 😉
Happy New Year!
Kick the Bad Habits of 2012!