Social Media Numbers of 2012, Are you surprised?
Posted by Tanesha White
What was the record breaking retweet? What is the most active country on Facebook? Number of times the +1 button is pushed per day. Questions answered and many more interesting numbers can be found below thanks to Royal Pingdom. If you would like to see overall numbers on the internet for 2012 be sure to check out their blog.
I also included the mobile numbers of 2012 as well because I think this is a valuable prediction of what will be important for marketers this year. With mobile usage steadily rising and with it being a direct line into staying connected in the social atmosphere social media and mobile strategies are key in any businesses digital strategy.
Social 2012 numbers
- 85,962 – Number of monthly posts per Facebook Page in Brazil, the most active country on Facebook.
- 1 billion – Number of monthly active users on Facebook, passed in October.
- 47% – Percentage of Facebook users that are female.
- 40.5 years – Average age of a Facebook user.
- 2.7 billion – Number of likes on Facebook every day.
- 24.3% – Share of the top 10,000 websites that have Facebook integration.
- 200 million – Monthly active users on Twitter, passed in December.
- 819,000+ – Number of retweets of Barack Obama’s tweet “Four more years”, the most retweets ever.
- 327,452 – Number of tweets per minute when Barack Obama was re-elected, the most ever.
- 729,571 – Number of messages per minute when the Chinese microblogging service Sina Weibo saw 2012 finish and 2013 start.
- 9.66 million – Number of tweets during the opening ceremony of the London 2012 olympics.
- 175 million – Average number of tweets sent every day throughout 2012.
- 37.3 years – Average age of a Twitter user.
- 307 – Number of tweets by the average Twitter user.
- 51 – Average number of followers per Twitter user.
- 163 billion – the number of tweets since Twitter started, passed in July.
- 123 – Number of heads of state that have a Twitter account.
- 187 million – Number of members on LinkedIn (September).
- 44.2 years – Average age of a Linkedin user.
- 135 million – Number of monthly active users on Google+.
- 5 billion – How many times per day the +1 button on Google+ is used.
- 20.8% – Usage share of HootSuite as a social media management tool among the world’s top 100 brands.
- 1.1 billion – Number of global smartphone subscribers.
- 6.7 billion – Number of mobile subscriptions.
- 5 billion – Number of mobile phone users.
- 5.3 billion – Number of mobile handsets.
- 1.3 billion – Number of smartphones in use worldwide by end of 2012.
- 465 million – Number of Android smartphones sold in 2012, a 66% market share.
- 31% – Percentage of the U.S. Internet population that used a tablet or e-reader.
- 13% – Mobile share of global Internet traffic.
- 5 billion – Number of mobile broadband subscriptions.
- 1.3 exabytes – Estimated global mobile data traffic per month in 2012.
- 59% – Share of global mobile data traffic that was video.
- 500 megabytes – Amount of monthly data traffic consumed by the average smartphone.
- 504 kbps – The average mobile network connection speed globally (all handsets).
- 1,820 kbps – The average mobile network connection speed globally (smartphones).
About Tanesha WhiteProfessional BIo: With over 12 years of experience in the internet industry and the pleasure of working with National companies such as, Lithia Automotive, McDonalds, and Lexus Corp. Tanesha has applied her knowledge and creative thinking to the needs of clients and business owners with two things in mind; helping them understand internet marketing and how to market effectively and consistently show measurable results. Tanesha displays a true understanding of the internet consumers behaviors. By understanding the needs of businesses, she brings a fresh innovative approach to customizing effective online strategies for any industry. White believes that business owners can have all the desire in the world to have the most technologically inclined company in their market, but online marketing, SEO, social media strategy, and website conversion require the ability to understand in order to be successful.
Posted on January 18, 2013, in All Things Digital, Social and tagged Digital Marketing, Facebook Pages, Interactive Media, Social Media Marketing, Tanesha White Digital Diva. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.